[stgt] SCSI page 83h VPD descriptor

Doug Clow doug.clow at dashbox.com
Thu May 2 01:22:00 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am new to iSCSI.  A situation arose where I need to provide an iSCSI target to a Windows Failover-Cluster.  I'm using a DRBD-Pacemaker configuration with tgt as the iSCSI provider.  I can mount the disk fine on both Windows nodes but I'm not able to use it as a cluster resource.  The exact error I get is:

Physical disk 4 on node node1.myplace.com does not support the inquiry data (SCSI page 83h VPD descriptor) that is required by failover clustering. Status: The request is not supported.

Is there a way I can enable this SCSI command/feature?  I am running CentOS 6.4.

Thanks,
Doug