[stgt] how to set VPD page 83 (Device Identification) using pacemaker

Doug Clow doug.clow at dashbox.com
Wed May 8 22:52:45 CEST 2013

Thanks Alexander, I'm looking forward to trying it out.  Good question, I'm not sure where it got the first part of the VPD serial number.  The only other MS documentation I could find is this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.microsoft.com%2Fdownload%2F3%2F2%2Fc%2F32cb69db-71e3-447e-a91b-4070cdc4548a%2FMicrosoft-iSCSI-Logo-Requirements-1.0.doc&ei=ULmKUeaLGeOYiQKX04DAAg&usg=AFQjCNGq3o7P1o_XiYH2Fuq3tmd0UzIbVQ&bvm=bv.46226182,d.cGE&cad=rja

which has this information on VPD in it (although it seems general and not specifically for Failover Clustering):

g.	Required Vital Product Data (VPD) pages: 0 Supported Pages, 80h: Serial Number, 83h: Device IDs.
i.	For VPD Page 83, type 2 or type 3 descriptors must be returned and must be unique for each logical unit. Appropriate descriptors for multiport devices are required in addition to the type 2 or 3 descriptors. Devices that support aliases must also support the corresponding descriptor types. Vendor-specific device identifiers, if present, must use type 0 and follow the specified format, including correct page length; vendor specific identifiers are not a substitute for the mandatory type 2/3 descriptors.
ii.	Page 80h (serial number) must be in ASCII.

Regards,
Doug