[wpkg-users] automating MS Windows Script installation

Andrew Z andrewz at springsrescuemission.org
Wed Dec 14 00:41:43 CET 2005

Hello,

As you know Microsoft Windows Script (MWS) is required to run wpkg.  On
my Windows 2000, wpkg wasn't working properly ("property file not found"
or something like that) until I updated MWS.   Since wpkg can't be used
to install its own prerequisite, is there some other way to
intelligently, automatically install or update MWS for all our Windows
9x, ME, and 2000 systems?

For Windows 2000, I tried "scriptEN.exe /q", but even though I already
had the latest MWS, it installed again and then wanted to reboot..

Another problem is there are two different executables: one for Windows
9x/ME/NT and another for 2000/XP.

In summary, I am looking for a way to
- Pick the correct MWS installer (9x/ME vs 2000/XP)
- Not install MWS more than once

Andrew

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org