[wpkg-users] Feature Request

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Nov 16 10:38:42 CET 2005

Allan Stones schrieb:
> Could you make it so when we do /query that you dont display ALL
> packages on one dialog box. I have 40 applications so fat and its a bit
> hard to read more then 10 without the dialog going off the screen.
>
> Just split the dialog up so say it displays 10 packages then you click
> ok and it displays the enxt 10 and so on.

And what about people who use it to just dump the package specification
to the server? like

cscript wpkg.js /query:a >\\server\installed\%COMPUTERNAME%.txt

It won't be implemented, for one simple reason: WPKG should do one
thing, and do it well - text formatting isn't an area it should cover.

You can compare it to the philosophy of tools that you meet in UNIX/Linux.

If you want to achieve what you want, just use a tool from UNIX like "less":

cscript wpkg.js /query:a | less

You can download less (and other useful tools) from
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

--
Tomek