[wpkg-users] What to for config for HCU?

Jean-Jacques Moulis jj at isy.liu.se
Thu Nov 17 23:20:33 CET 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:14:55 +0100 Alexandros Gougousoudis <gougousoudis at kh-berlin.de> wrote:

AG> Hi,
AG>
AG> thanks to you and Kristofer for your answer. It think my problem is,
AG> that we make a domain login, and wpkg runs as a service with a wpkg-user
AG> for the service, which has admin rights. So everything the service does,
AG> is for the wpkg user, the service runs with.
AG>
AG> You're using a semaphore system, which is also the only solution I now.

I don't think the problem is related to Wpkg.
Many applications are not developed with mult-iuser and large scale deployment in mind.

They are meant for the user installing them and you need to use tricks
to have them work in multi-user multi-computer environments.

sadly enough, many applications coming from Unix  are not multi-user
friendly (when you could expect the opposite, Unix was multi-user from start).

Open-office install wizard for every new user is a pain as is the lack of global
settings for firefox mozilla etc... and that's valid for Linux

We'll not forget apps needing access rights fiddling in both registry and directories;
that's the worst part

Wpkg don't do miracles :-)

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org