[wpkg-users] strange behavior installing acrobat

Paul Bais paul.bais at storkspm.com
Wed Apr 26 08:46:11 CEST 2006

I've just started using wpkg and am impressed with its configuration and
features. Keep up the good work! :)

Installing acrobat reader 7 (dutch) with wpkg 0.9.8.
As per the instructions in the silent installers section, I downloaded the
installer, ran it, and copied the data1.cab and acrobat707nl.msi files to my
server. I'm using this package configuration (simplified):

<package
	id="acrobat7"
	name="Acrobat Reader 7.0.7"
	revision="1"
	reboot="false"
	priority="0">
	<check type="file" condition="exists" path="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat
7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" />
	<install
cmd='msiexec /q /i "\\lx02-file\wpkg\packages\acrobat7\acrobat707nl.msi"
allusers=1'>
		<exit code="1619" />
	</install>
</package>

This works. However, for the rest of my packages I use the %PACKAGES%
environment variable (which is set to \\lx02-file\wpkg\packages in
wpkg-start.bat). This doesn't work with the configuration above. Running
wpkg.js /install:acrobat7 tells me it installs the package, then terminates
before the installation is done because the post-install check fails (does
the msiexec run in the background?). I've also tried with a
condition="uninstall" check with the same result. I'm not sure if this is a
bug in wpkg or in the acrobat installer  ...

Note that exit code 1619 is specific to the dutch version of acrobat
installer.

-- Paul