[wpkg-users] Problem with a condition-check

Benny Pfitzner pfitzner-lug at gmx.net
Sat Feb 18 12:59:45 CET 2006

Hi,

I think I found a way to check if a Service Pack is installed on Windows
2000 Pro. The registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\ServicePackUninstall is what I was looking for.
My Problem is that I'm doing something wrong so that wpkg allways wants
to install SP4.
Here is my package.xml output:
        <package
                id="w2k_pro_de_sp4"
                name="Windows 2000 Professional Deutsch SP4"
                revision="0"
                reboot="true"
                priority="999">
                <check type="registry" condition="exists"
path="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\ServicePackUninstall" />
                <install
cmd='\\wpkg\wpkg\packages\system\w2k_de_sp4\W2KSP4_DE.EXE -u -f -q -n -o'>
                        <exit code="0" />
                </install>
        </package>

And here is a screenshot of that system:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7629/win2kprodeproblemswithsp43rk.png

Thanks Ben Pfitzner

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org