[wpkg-users] Couple of questions

Ed Wallig ilinktech at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 14:50:14 CET 2006

Hi,

  Thanks for the reply - looking throug hthe source code, I didn't see any reference to a "missing" option - can you advise?

  Thanks....

Kristofer Kiik <kristofer.kiik at gmail.com> wrote:
  > Using WPKG 0.92 for most of my software deployment needs - great stuff!!
> Couple of questions though:
>
> 1. Is there a way to do some kind of 2-step check when checking for the
> presence of an application? I'll explain - I'm trying to deploy PDFCreator
> on all of my computers but I do not want to deploy it to computers hat
> already have the full version of Acrobat as they already have a PDF printer.
> So basically, I'd like to run an uninstaller check for PDFCreator and also
> run a check to see if Acrobat is installed - if it is then the condition is
> met and PDFCreator is not installed - is this possible?

Should be possible:

you specify two checks for the package:

*** NB i have not actually tested this ***
Different tests are logically ANDed together.
Look at the wpkg.js source for behaviour of "missing" checks.

cheers,
Kristofer