[wpkg-users] Can't get wpkg to work

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Feb 10 16:14:45 CET 2006

Benny Pfitzner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just discovered wpkg, that piece of software is what I'm looking for.
> But I got a little Problem to get it to work.
>
> I have a linux box hosting the wpkg-dir (See [1] to see the smb.conf)
> and everything seems to be fine but I allways get the error message:
> "Automatisierungsserver kann Objekt nicht erstellen." witch means as
> much as: "Automatingserver can not create Object"
>
> On the Windowsmashine, Windows 2000 Pro German, SP4, cscript 5.6,
> nothing else (fresh install), I get a popup from cscript saying "The
> software installation has failed."
> At [2] you can see a screenshot.

http://wpkg.org/index.php/Installation_instructions

  Requirements: Windows Scripting Host

wpkg requires Windows Scripting Host (WSH; also known as cscript.exe)
which is shipped by default on Windows XP and higher only. The WSH
shipped with Windows 2000 is too old and must be upgraded, and older
versions of Windows probably don't have any WSH.