[wpkg-users] variables (WINDIR, etc)

rl201 rl201 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 10:03:09 CET 2006

Hi Ed,

>>  According to the TODO file, WPKG doesn't currently have the
>> capability to use %WINDIR% and other system variables so I'm looking
>> for any suggestions on a workaround for the short-term. The "apps" in

If you edit wpkg.js, there's a simple way of adding this functionality:

     } else if (checkType == "file") {
         var shell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");

         // Add the line below here:
         checkPath=shell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(checkPath);

         if (checkCond == "exists") {
             var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

(Apologies for not providing a diff file - too many differences between
the wpkg.js I run and the distributed one at the moment: Further
unofficial tweaks are available at
http://www.sp.phy.cam.ac.uk/~rl201/wpkg/ )

Yours,

Frank