[wpkg-users] WPKG not work

LAM, Ivan Yuen Keung ivanlam at kumshing.com.hk
Wed Mar 22 10:26:38 CET 2006

Dear Sir / Madam,

I had made the following files and these files save at a share folder called "Zip" on "Host1" (PC):

hosts.xml

<wpkg>

<host name="host1" profile-id="default" />

</wpkg>

profiles.xml

<profiles>

<profile id="default">
<package package-id="zip" />
</profile>

</profiles>

packages.xml

<packages>

<package
id="zip"
name="Zip"
revision="1"
reboot="false"
priority="0">

<install cmd="msiexec -i \\ivantest\zip\zip.msi -q allusers=1">
<exit code="0" />
</install>

<remove cmd="" />
<upgrade cmd="" />

</package>

</packages>

Then I run the command "cscript \\host1\Zip\wpkg.js /synchronize /quiet" at "Host1" (Windows XP Pro) with administrators privileges but nothing happen.

What's the problem here? Is the client PC user need to have administrators privileges to execute this command? Can this command run by users privileges?

Please reply me by email. Thanks.

BR,
Ivan