[wpkg-users] installing with user interaction

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Mar 9 20:10:28 CET 2006

Matt Miller wrote:
> In the FAQ section (http://wpkg.org/index.php/FAQ) the first question is
> "How can I script installation of packages if they can't be installed
> quietly, without user intervention?"
> the answer given is "There are some ways to do it. You can find a good
> description and a handful of examples on this page."
> But the examples don't have an example of this... or at least it's not
> obvious.
>
> I saw the silent installer for Quicktime, but the installer still
> requires user interaction.

Did you search google for "quicktime silent install"?

I found many links that may point to a solution:

The first link in google:

How do I make Quicktime Install SIlently?

First you need the stand alone installer from Quicktime.  Then place a
text file beside the installer and name it QuickTimeInstaller.ini and
place this text inside....

[QTSETUP]
license_option=0
no_dialogs=true