[wpkg-users] Make Firefox the default browser?

Georg Lutz georg-list at georglutz.de
Tue May 2 10:22:22 CEST 2006

On 2006-05-02, Jean-Jacques Moulis wrote:

> Set_Firefox_as_default.cmd
>
> -----------------------Set_Firefox_as_default.cmd--------------------------
> copy %Wpkgroot%\Files\nsBrowserContentHandler.js "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\components"
> "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -CreateProfile default
> "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -setDefaultBrowser -silent

Normally wpkg is executed under the systems account without
administrator intervention. Will "-setDefaultBrowser" just set the
default browser without actually creating or profile or do other things?

To set firefox to the default browser I used the REG file at msfn.org .
But there are 2 problems:

1. Firefox is still complaining that it is not the default browser. When
I click a link in MS word, firefox opens this link but afterwards word
says that he cannot find a default browser

2. 8.3 file names are used. If you have multiple mozilla products, its
not shure that "MOZILL~1" matches "Mozilla Firefox".

For point nr 2 I manually altered the REG file to use long file names.
Apparently this seems to work, but I don't know if there are
sideeffects.

--
Georg