[wpkg-users] wpkg-0.9.9-test1 xml parsing error

Paul Griffith paulg at cs.yorku.ca
Wed May 31 22:24:48 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 04:16:37PM -0400, Paul Griffith wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 09:58:31PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> > Paul Griffith wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I am trying to track down a xml parsing error. The error message is:
> > >
> > >Error parsing xml: System error: -2146697210
> > >
> > >I only get this error if use the new hosts/profiles/packages directory
> > >feature. If I use the normal{profiles,hosts,packages}.xml file format
> > >everything
> > >works.
> > >
> > >Any clues...
> >
> > Do you have {profiles,hosts,packages}.xml files at all?
> >
> > --
> > Tomasz Chmielewski
> > http://wpkg.org
> >

> I have my original {profiles,hosts,packages}.xml files that I turned
> into the new dir format. Should I creating empty .xml files?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Here is what I am doing now.

I have the following files in \\server\wpkg
hosts.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wpkg></wpkg>

packages.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packages></packages>

profiles.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<profiles></profiles>

and have my other .xml files in \hosts \profiles \packages

and everthing looks to be working, I will more test tomorrow and let
you know.

Thanks
Paul