[wpkg-users] Registry shortcuts...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Fri Nov 24 11:14:18 CET 2006

Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > Typo? I'm missing something?
> I copied it as it is in the registry.

> If it doesn't work for you, try to do it yourself - for "best results"
> use a clean Windows installation:

I'm doing this, but saving the registry in NT4 text format and using
unix diff to compare the result.

> Compare it with what we have in wiki, and post your results.

I obtain roughly the same result, only i cannot use @ShortProgFiles,
they are simply ignored.
What i'm saying here is that it seems to me that @ShortProgFiles are not
interpreted as variable/shortcut, and instead used literally.

I've looked on google for @ShortProgFiles, and i've found nothing,
wpkg.org pages apart. ;)

> A better way to set Thunderbird as the default mail application (without
> using regedit) would be welcome, of course.

I'm looking for that also... if you use 'set program access and
defaults' to setup thunderbird as default email program, it is clear
that some sort of code are executed, but i was not able to understand
what program and with what options... ;(((

Ah, if you want do 'disable' (eg, make invisible) outlook express, add
to the thunderbird registry:

 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Outlook Express\InstallInfo]
 "IconsVisible"=dword:00000000

 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}]
 "IsInstalled"=dword:00000000

 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\Oc Manager\Subcomponents]
 "oeaccess"=dword:00000000

need at least disconnecting and reconnecting.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

VDEV