[wpkg-users] wpkg over wireless ethernet

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Nov 28 21:26:25 CET 2006

Adam Williams wrote:
> I'm wondering how well does wpkg work with wireless networking
> configurations.  I have a group of users in a samba domain but they are
> connected wireless to the server through wlinksys PIC wireless cards and
> a WAP54G access point.  When the computers boot up and come to the
> windows login screen, the wireless cards take 30 seconds or so to
> connect to the wireless network.  I'm using wpkg with wpkg-install.bat
> (not the wpkg installer .70).  Does this mean that wpkg would try to
> connect to my server's share drive before the wireless network
> connection is made?  and if so, then wpkg wouldn't ever update any packages?

It really depends *when* your wpkg-install.bat script is started -
before, during, or after your wireless connection is up?

If you're concerned, just put something to your wpkg-install.bat which
would delay "cscript \\...\wpkg.js ..." - something like sending 30
pings to localhost should delay your script by 30 seconds...