[wpkg-users] Antwort: Re: Anyone using runas?

Clemens.Rath at sebn.de Clemens.Rath at sebn.de
Fri Oct 27 10:02:35 CEST 2006

another possibility is CPAU.
(http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/cpau.htm) you can set the user and
it's password together with the service or installation you want to use...
the data will be saved in an encrypted txt-file.

ANOTHER PROBLEM:

does anyone know more about the gui-installer? which values should be used
in the last 2 fields: script variable NAME, Value.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / best regards

Clemens

Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org>
Gesendet von: wpkg-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
26.10.2006 19:22

An
Joshua Weage <weage98 at yahoo.com>
Kopie
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
Thema
Re: [wpkg-users] Anyone using runas?

Joshua Weage wrote:
> I have an InstallShield InstallScript package that refuses to install
> using the system account, but it works fine as an admin user.  Has
> anyone managed to use runas to successfully switch to the local admin
> account?
>
> There seems to be a gui password dialog that doesn't work well with
> silent installs.

You can save credentials I think.

For this, you'd have to start cmd as SYSTEM (google how to do it), than
runas + savecred.

Should work, although I never tested that.

Let us know if it works for you :)

easier

21642