[wpkg-users] WPKG Installer

David Miller david3d at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 22:55:12 CEST 2006

Tomasz,
  I have a request for the installer.

  How about add a test to the packages.xml format that allows the installer
to test whether or not a particular process is running prior to
installing/upgrading/removing a package.  With an option to kill the
process.  I guess this could fall into the pre command catagory.  But this
way if needed wpkg can force an update and the program when it's currently
running.  This can prevent packages from getting half updated before running
into an can't over writing file error.  Obviously the option to kill the
process will have to be used carefully.

  Another idea is to have a global settings xml file to set global variables
and enable/disable features.  For instance some administrators may want to
be able to globably disable the ability to kill a running process as I just
outlined.  It may also be a cleaner place to store the default runtime flags
and path variables rather than having a bat file involved.
--
David Miller