[wpkg-users] WPKG Installer

rl201 rl201 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 22 20:19:08 CEST 2006

Hi all,

> AutoIT scripts should still work. The server is running, and it does
> have a UI, there is just no way for a human to see the UI. There are
> buttons, widgets, a window space, etc. Windows do open.... there's just
> no way to see them.

Erm, I'm not so sure. I do remember looking into this and coming to the
conclusion that it wasn't possible to do it. A simple example I tried was
to get AutoIT to spawn notepad, activate the notepad window and close it
with Alt-F4. My conclusion was that AutoIT stopped at the instruction to
activate the window.

In other tests I tried to enumerate the windows visible to AutoIT and log
the title of each to a file. There were none, even after spawning notepad.

(Now, these tests might have happened when I was running WPKG as SYSTEM
and not as a separate user, so there might be a significant difference.)

Would be very interesting to hear anyone else's experiences along these
lines...

> It's obviously very hard to debug though.

Seconded.

Yours,

Frank