[wpkg-users] Queries::Please help me

Veeendra Gadde veerugadde at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:56:38 CEST 2007

Hello ,

          I am using wpkg for deployment using windows server 2003 over
VPN. Here i am using with active directory but we dont dont have pemanent
workstations for our server.

  We are trying to install softwares to all the users within our VPN. I got
some queries regarding following:

a) Is it required to use active directory settings (windows server) for the
deployment within the VPN( as we dont have permanent users). Will it be
sufficient to just create a share on server which can be accesible by all
users.

b) Is there any specified port number for the cscript command to execute on
server and do we need to open that port in the firewalls with out blocking
the scripts (windows server 2003) ?

           I am trying get acquainted with server stuff and could anyone
please help me with my problems??/

Thanks alot,

Veerendra