[wpkg-users] autoit companion script

Greg.Hughes at pentairtech.com Greg.Hughes at pentairtech.com
Wed Apr 18 17:11:57 CEST 2007

I would like to make available an AutoIT script that enhances the
usablility of wpkg.js when combined with Linuxkidd's WPKG Web Interface

Description
This script will create two tables in the wpkg web database to support the
information gathered from the PCs
It will scan a PC via net view or IP range using RegRead() for installed
applications
It will save the application names to the pack_status table and the
application id to a host_pack table that associates the apps with the PCs
>From the interface you can approve, reject or specify any application as
common or undetermined.
You can add any package to the wpkg web database but only if it's
approved.
You can view the wpkg.xml file on any PC.
You can add license information for license tracking/reporting
There are a variety of reports to choose from which are all sent to excel
at this time.

Prerequisites for running this script are:
Administrative access to the PCs scanned
MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver installed where this script will be run
psexec.exe for remotely running wpkg
Web server, MySQL database server, wpkg web front end and database,
account for access to the database
Microsoft excel for the reports, perhaps later I will add .csv output as
well

Note: I've been developing this script in an Active Directory context and
haven't tested in a workgroup context. I also use an AutoIT
script that creates a window that greets the logged in user, shows date
and time, notifies user of updates and displays our company logo,
then it runs the wpkg-start.bat file that runs wpkg.js.

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org