[wpkg-users] WPKG - issues

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 3 11:13:09 CEST 2007

Alex Owen schrieb:

(...)

>> What is the purpose of using cmdlines.txt (with which I'm not familiar
>> BTW) if you use unattended.sf.net?
> unattended.sf.net just scripts the windows unattended support. It also
> has default scripts for postinstallation of apps etc. It is that post
> install step that I am trying to replace with WPKG.
>
> cmdlines.txt is a standard part of MS unattended install (see
> "Cmdlines.txt Processes and Interactions" on this page):
>
> http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/d24c91f2-80cd-4a60-98c0-4b9ad28f678a1033.mspx
>

> The beauty of cmdlines.txt is that if we can install wpkg service from
> there then we get WPKG install of remaining software on reboot.
>
> It just seems less of a hack than the autologin as admin and
> GuiRunOnce that unattended.sf.net uses.

Hmm, I believe with unattended.sf.net you do it differently.
Take a look at your unattend.txt file. At the bottom, you should have
(if you don't, you can paste it):

     ; First script run by postinst.bat
     top = "install.bat"
     ; Optional script(s) run by postinst.bat
     middle = ""
     ; Last script(s) run by postinst.bat
     bottom = ""

There, you can put the scripts you want to run after the OS is installed.

So, in this case, in scripts/install.bat, you would put:

:: Install WPKG

todo.pl "del \"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\WPKG Parameters.lnk\""

todo.pl "msiexec /qb /i Z:\packages\wpkg-installer\WPKGSetup.msi
SETTINGSFILE=Z:\packages\wpkg-installer\settings.xml ALLUSERS=1"

to install WPKG client...

Additionally, you could add (WPKG service is not yet running):

:: Install other stuff with WPKG
todo.pl "set SOFTWARE=\\branchdc\unattended\packages && cscript
\\branchdc\unattended\packages\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug /nonotify"

to start wpkg.js in a traditional way, now that we make a ver first
installation.