[wpkg-users] Queries::Please help me

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 12 00:23:40 CEST 2007

Veeendra Gadde schrieb:

> Hello,
>

>                 Thanks for your suggestions. I got some more queries ...
>
> According our requirement  users will submit the request form regarding
> softwares .Once after submission of form , will allow them to download
> and run relevant .bat file (contains the script : cscript
> \\server\share\wpkg.js /synchronize/quiet/nonotify) which will install
> the files on the user system.
>
> Here we created the share accessible(read) by all users through computer
> mangement console on windows server 2003. The share is located in the C
> drive of the server (C:\Intepub\wwwroot\wpkg\).
>
> So we are trying to run the .bat file from the user system but unable to
> work it out. I tried the wpkg with files on local system which is working.
>
> Can you please tell me your suggestions regarding the following plan.
>
> a) Is .bat file running on user system sufficient enough to invoke
> wpkg.js on server.

Yes - if the SYSTEM user is able to access shares on the server.

Note - SYSTEM user is a local account, that means - not a domain member.
Normally, a SYSTEM user trying to access AD server shares will map to
the guest user, and in turn, will be denied access.

This is trivial to set up in Samba, but I'm not that familiar with AD.

Other way is to add a "net use \\server\share /user:..." in your scripts.

> b) Is share created will allow users to access through the cscript command.

Depending on what do you mean by the share.
If a non-domain user can access the share, everything should work.
Check your server's logs.

> c) As per your suggestion we also need to enable the port through
> firewall.Can you please tell me which port need to enabled for the above
> requirement?

I gave you the details in the previous mail.