[wpkg-users] Where is WPKG client config stored?

Dave Ewart davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 10:09:46 CEST 2007

On Monday, 23.04.2007 at 19:30 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> Dave Ewart schrieb:
> > On Monday, 23.04.2007 at 07:49 -0500, Adam Williams wrote:
> >
> >> if i recall correctly, c:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml
> >
> > No, that's the 'history' of what WPKG has done, which packages it
> > has installed and so on.
>
> There is no other "config" stored on a local machine.

Erm, there *must* be: the client needs to know how to contact the Samba
server, which username/password to use, the flags for launching WPKG and
so on.

> What do you mean by "WPKG client configuration parameters" exactly?

I mean the client's settings for username, password and so on, that is
used to contact the Samba server.  In other words, the parameters that
appears when one laucnhes the shortcut called "WPKG Parameters" from the
Administrator's desktop shortcut (which calls itself "WPKG Installer
Parameters" when launched").

For example, my Samba share uses the username 'wpkguser'.  I want to
know where that information is stored on the client PC, after being
entered into "WPKG Installer Parameters".  I can't find it in the
registry (searched for 'wpkguser' which finds nothing)

c:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml doesn't contain that information, of
course.

Trust this is now clear...

Dave.

--
Dave Ewart
davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Computing Manager, Cancer Epidemiology Unit
Cancer Research UK / Oxford University
PGP: CC70 1883 BD92 E665 B840 118B 6E94 2CFD 694D E370
Get key from http://www.ceu.ox.ac.uk/~davee/davee-ceu-ox-ac-uk.asc
N 51.7518, W 1.2016

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org