[wpkg-users] Where is WPKG client config stored?

Dave Ewart davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 10:07:51 CEST 2007

On Tuesday, 24.04.2007 at 20:01 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> > I've downloaded the sources and taken a look around.  I'm guessing I
> > should be looking at WPKG/Sources/Components/Secret.*, Security.* or
> > similar ... can't quite figure out how/where those parameters are
> > stored.  Can you point me in the right direction?
>
> What do you want to achieve, exactly?

I want a means of modifying the WPKG client configuration via means
other than (manually) using the Administrative shortcut, or via WPKG
itself.

For example, using a WinXP system policy, or similar.  To do this, I
need to know *what* to set in the registry and *where*.

My current example:

For reasons explained in the other thread, some PCs are not correctly
launching WPKG at boot up because of the clock problem.  On a test
machine, I can see that adding "net time \\server /set /yes" to the
"Pre-launch" stage of WPKG solves my problem.  So, I need to modify the
WPKG client config on N (many!) PCs in the same way.  But I need to do
this without using WPKG to make the change, because WPKG doesn't work on
those PCs until this problem is fixed!  I figured a good way to do this
is to edit the WPKG client config via a system policy or via some other
means which edits the registry in the required way.

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart
davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Computing Manager, Cancer Epidemiology Unit
Cancer Research UK / Oxford University
PGP: CC70 1883 BD92 E665 B840 118B 6E94 2CFD 694D E370
Get key from http://www.ceu.ox.ac.uk/~davee/davee-ceu-ox-ac-uk.asc
N 51.7518, W 1.2016

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org