[wpkg-users] WPKG Client Update Settings

Christopher D. Cofer cofer at ociw.com
Mon Aug 13 23:06:26 CEST 2007

I seem to be missing something when trying to update the settings of the
WPKG Client.
I found on the WIKI where it is documented to use the following in a
package and have that package set to execute "once"

<install cmd='%PROGRAMFILES%\WPKG\wpkginst.exe
--SETTINGSFILE=%WPKGROOT%\settings.xml' />
<upgrade cmd='%PROGRAMFILES%\WPKG\wpkginst.exe
--SETTINGSFILE=%WPKGROOT%\settings.xml' />

When I try to run this by hand I always get the WPKG Client setting
screen loaded with the values that it read from the file noted in the
SETTINGSFILE.

My question is, How do you update this information silently?  I assumed
that by running this it would read the file, update the information and
go away.  Everytime I run the command above, I am left with the window
waiting for me to close or press save.

What am I missing?

--

Christopher D. Cofer