[wpkg-users] WPKG Client and laptop

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Aug 28 09:42:21 CEST 2007

Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > Some ideas?
> I don't know.

> I see the issue concerns more users - so perhaps we should add something
> like a "laptop mode" to WPKG Client?

Mmmh... wait a moment.

We are sure that it is a 'windows' problem, could be also an hardware
problem? Eg:

+ ethernet adapters does not react well on cable connect/disconnect and
 keep some sort of interface configured also if there's no connections.

or software, eg:

+ windows see more then one network adapter (a wifi, a firewire, ...),
 half configure them and confuse itself

I suppose that if a delay are present using \\server\name, the same
delay could be spotted using ping.

In my opinion we have to at least try to isolate the trouble, for my
site i've post a request in the italian samba mailing list.

A simple google search lead me to:

	http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B832161&x=11&y=13

could be a webdav syndrome?

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/