[wpkg-users] xml-problems

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Mon Dec 3 12:38:55 CET 2007

Hi,

I've got a little problem with my xml files and maybe someone knows the solution for this problem...

In the config.xml file i wanted to use the following lines:

<param name='web_packages_file_name' value="xml.php?pwd=S3kr37&mode=packages" />
<param name='web_profiles_file_name' value="xml.php?pwd=S3kr37&mode=profiles" />
<param name='web_hosts_file_name' value="xml.php?pwd=S3kr37&mode=hosts" />

But when wpkg is trying to parse these parameters it fails with the following error in the eventlog:

Error parsing xml '\\server\wpkg\config.xml': Ein Semikolon wurde erwartet.

File      \\server\wpkg\config.xml
Line      319
Linepos   68
Filepos   11201
srcText   <param name='web_packages_file_name' value="xml.php?pwd=S3kr37&mode=packages" />

I've encountered the same problem before with a custom download url for an installer:
<download source="http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=1648&s=66" target='codecs/quicktimealt-lite.exe' />
Here its in Line 90 Zeichen 72.

Looking at the pattern it always is the "=" after the "&". Which is also where Internet Explorer and Firefox throw an error because of a faulty xml syntax.

My question now would be: How the hell do i fix this pos? I kinda need URLs with multiple parameters for quite a few things...
Is it enough to use htmlspecialchars() or do i need to do more?

Thanks in advance,

-
jens

Easy Software Deployment >> http://wpkg.org