[wpkg-users] Reporting on installed packages

Ralph A. Flickinger ralph at imsa.edu
Fri Dec 28 15:16:37 CET 2007

NTSysLog sends Windows Event viewer log entries to a central syslog
server. Our syslog server is a Linux box running Fedora Core. I have two
custom written PERL scripts that parse these logs looking for common
text combinations. For anything that WPKG reports the log entry always
has "WSH" in the entry. These log entries are always in the same format
so it is easy to read the entire line in a PERL script variable and then
split the variable in to other more distinctive variables (computer
name, package name, status, etc..)  for generating reports.

When I have some time I will try and put an entry on the wiki with
examples of the perl code.