[wpkg-users] WPKG installer problems

Wim Vandersmissen wim.vandersmissen at theo.kuleuven.be
Wed Feb 7 23:55:11 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the WPKG installer, installation went fine, I entered
the parameters, but the service doesn't seem to be making a connection with my
samba server (I tried different servers, tried with \\ip\wpkg or
\\servername\wpkg
In my samba logs I only see this one connection

[2007/02/07 14:10:44, 2] smbd/server.c:exit_server(609)
Closing connections

I do get the WPKG deployment screens with the first and second message when the
computer starts, but it doesn't really do anything :-)

I'm using Windows XP SP2 Dutch (in vmware), every reboot I'm getting 2 messages
from WPKGService in the eventlog,
- the first one is 'set script security context: successfuly done' - the other
one is in dutch (De opgegeven aanmeldingssessie bestaat niet. De
sessie is mogelijk al beëindigd.), translated it means 'A specified logon
session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.'

Looking in te source, it seems like something is going wrong with
connection.Addconnection in service.cpp, cause I'm not getting that
'successfully connected' message in eventlog

if(PathIsNetworkPath(secret.m_strScriptFile))
{
connection.AddConnection(secret.m_strScriptFile,
secret.m_strScriptConnUser,secret.m_strScriptConnPassword);
AddMessageToMessageLog("Network resource: successfuly connected");
}

WPKG versions used - wpkg 0.9.10 and wpkg-installer 0.90

Manually doing a net use \\ip\wpkg and then running cscript \\ip\wpkg /verbose
/synchronize works just fine.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

--Wim