[wpkg-users] wpkg installer and reboot

Michael J. Kidd wpkg at linuxkidd.com
Fri Feb 2 17:20:43 CET 2007

Ok.. did some more digging..

I use /synchronize /quiet for my switches on wpkg.js

After reviewing the event logs, I've got the following entries
WSH "Exit code ...  This exit code requires an immediate reboot."
WSH "System reboot in progress!"
WSH "There were the following errors...."
WPKGService "Script execution: successfully done"
WPKGService "Script post execution: successfully done"
WPKGService "Network resource: successfully disconnected"

The remainder are of windows loading my profile, etc... when I log in..
So, it seems as though the reboot command isn't running correctly if the
logon is delayed.  Maybe there's some check and if the machine is still
booting a reboot won't occur?? I'm not sure.. Maybe we can insert a
short ( 20 second ) reboot delay using the stock windows shutdown
command like:
shutdown.exe /r /t 20 /c "Reboot required"

I'll do some more checking..
Michael

.