[wpkg-users] Automatic Updates

Michael J. Kidd wpkg at linuxkidd.com
Tue Feb 20 15:30:37 CET 2007

Formoso, Travis wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> That did show the screen where it was installing packages- which is  a huge help!
>
> Now the only problem I have is when I uninstall a program and then run the program it shows the package as installed already- any way to fix this? I am in a testing phase now and am re-doing them a lot.
>
> Thanks

The easiest way to test Uninstall scripts is to delete the XML
corresponding to the package ( or just update the uninstall section )
for the wpkg.xml file located in C:\Windows\System32 ( or equivalent ).
This is something that might be changed in the future, but at the
current time, WPKG caches the XML to that file and only uses the
Uninstall commands located in it, vice any updated ones located on the
server.

Also, I highly recommend you check out the WPKG Web interface and
integration between the latest test release of WPKG ( 0.9.11-test1 ) and
WPKG Web v 1.1.0b.  There's also a good deal of install info available
on http://wpkg.linuxkidd.com in the Live Archive section or the Silent
Installers section of the http://wpkg.org Wiki.  (Feel free to
contribute to both of these sources ! )

Thanks,