[wpkg-users] WPKG client installer questions

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Wed Jan 31 20:27:09 CET 2007

In the client installer there is a place to specify the "Script path user" and
"Script path password".  I understand that this user is used to gain access to the
script file and configuration xml files, but is it also used to access other network
shares?  In my case, some of my installation scripts require access to areas of the
network other than the script file path and I'm not sure how wpkg will attempt to
connect to them.

Also, what is the user and password in the "Script execution context" box used for?
The user defaults to SYSTEM, and I noticed that no matter what I write in there, the
WPKG Service is created to log on as LocalSystem.

Thanks,
Mark

.