[wpkg-users] Change of method of running wpkg

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu Jan 18 14:35:13 CET 2007

Mandi! Michael J. Kidd
  In chel di` si favelave...

>   As long as the profiles are the same between your current running
> instance of wpkg, and the new xml you plan to implement w/ the WPKG
> installer, I don't believe you'll have any issues.  The only time I've
> run into issues is if I've found that an Uninstall command doesn't work,
> and update it on the server's XML.  WPKG seems to keep using the
> commands that it has in the local wpkg.xml (
> C:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml ) file.

Hem, for me it make sense: if i have to uninstall, i have to uninstall
the current package, not use the new version to uninstall the old
one... (ok, probably work well too, but...).

This pose a 'common practice' question: seems to be better, very
better, to have installer 'versioned' (WPKGSetup-0.90.msi and not
WPKGSetup.msi, for example), and not to delete old installers too
early.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

VDEV