[wpkg-users] Change of method of running wpkg

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu Jan 18 18:26:52 CET 2007

Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Yes, the next version should install/deinstall/upgrade properly.

Hem, probably there's a misunderstood.

I'm not speaking abount Wpkg installer (i used it as an example), but
generally on all software installed.
Resuming:

1) it is right that uninstall have to be done with the information in
 %SYSTEMDIR%/wpkg.xml, because we have to uninstall the current
 software, not the newer version. ;)

2) in network shares the installer packages have to be 'versioned', and
not deleted the old one for some time.

3) so, why not copy installers on local machine to prevent this?
Uninstaller will be available forever...

Hope now i'm clear...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

VDEV