[wpkg-users] Remotely install of WPKG Service

Guenael Sanchez guenael.sanchez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 16:12:24 CET 2007

On 1/23/07, Guenael Sanchez <guenael.sanchez at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/23/07, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
> >
> > Guenael Sanchez wrote:
> > > Hello everybody,
> > >
> > > I would like to install WPKG Service "remotely". Is there anyway to do
> > that
> > > ? I Have, of course, administrator rights on those computers.
> >
> > Use psexec (from a Windows machine) or winexe (from a Linux machine) to
> > execute commands remotely.
> >

> > --
> > Tomasz Chmielewski
> > http://wpkg.org
> >

> Thanks for pstools. I'm on it.
>
> GS

Ok I have no luck today :)

I'm trying to use install.bat and msi/xml files provided by XPKG GUI
Installer.

I copied thos files to a remote computer, then I try to run install.bat with
psexec. I get ".... exited with error code 1603".

I changed install.bat to add a log file, and here is what I find in it:

---
DEBUG: Error 2103:  Could not resolve path for shell folder 26.
MSI (s) (E4:E8) [15:56:37:203]: Product: WPKG -- The installer has
encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a
problem with this package. The error code is 2103. The arguments are: 26, ,

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2103. The
arguments are: 26, ,
Action ended 15:56:37: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Action ended 15:56:37: INSTALL. Return value 3.
---

I can send complete log if you prefer.

When I try to run install.bat on a computer, It's working. The problem comes
with remote installation (psexec).

thx,

GS