[wpkg-users] Setting time on windows

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 25 20:43:11 CET 2007

Guenael Sanchez wrote:

(...)

> Yes I already use ntp settings, and every hour, windows sync with ntp
> server. This is ok.
>
> But, I have some strange Dell computers that boot with 100 years (or 1
> hour, some days...) of time advance. This is why I would like ntp
> synchronisation to be executed at boot.
>
> I'm gonna try to start WPKG as domain admin, but that means leaving
> crypted domain admin's password on harddisk, am I right ?

Somewhere deep hidden in a registry, yes.

If you ever logged in to that station as a domain admin, the password is
cached in a similar way anyway.

BTW, does the command give any error code? Anything logged in the Event
Log? Tried to run it from cmd.exe ("cscript some\path\wpkg.js
/synchronize /debug" etc.)?