[wpkg-users] [Fwd: Re: firefox upgrading users profiles]

Vincent MALIEN v.malien at socofer.com
Fri Jun 8 19:35:13 CEST 2007

ric le hénaff a écrit :

> Vincent MALIEN a écrit :
>> hello,
>>
>> I am a new user of wpkg, do you know a French translation of  the
>> Documentation pages specially the packages.xml structure?
>>
> You seem to be fluent in english, why do you need a translation ?
thanks, but it's not so fluent as I don't use English often. I've got
difficulties to understand exactly how check tags works, and French
translation will help.
But I read you already working on creating those pages. If I can help, I
will.

> But, we may organize the translation of some pages to other languages.
> i could volunteer for french. How could we do that tomasz ?
>> I use wpkg for installing firefox and other softwares, and I 'd like
>> to update the proxy configuration of firefox on all users profiles
>> already existing on computers on my network. This means to change
>> severals lines in the file:
>> C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application
>> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\prefs.js
>> on every users profiles.
>> doses someone know how to do?
>>
> it's not a job for wpkg because it has to be done for each user.
> wpkg is for installing on a machine basis, not a user basis.
> Put something like that in your logon.bat :
> copy prefs.js %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\prefs.js
> '*' takes the first profile so it's better that there is only ONE
> profile in the firefox profile directory.
Yes, I think it will solve my problem.

> An other solution is to use the CCK extension to customize firefox. If
> you try this solution, i would like to have your opinion on it after
> you try.
I've already use CCK, it looks like Microsoft Internet Explorer Admin
Kit (known as IEAK). It allows to create a self-made XPI with bookmarks,
proxy, logo, extensions, themes and more... This new created XPI have to
be installed by a user, or by global installation in
%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\.

-

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org