[wpkg-users] wpkg web handling

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Fri Jun 1 10:25:20 CEST 2007

> Ok, It's now available here:
> http://joliot-curie.ens-lyon.fr/wpkg/
> [..]
> PS2: If you notice something even bad stuff, you can tell !
Its cool. I'm working on a webinterface for both unattended and WPKG myself at the moment which is integrated into an existing webinterface offering other services. I'm using the DHCP configuration file as a database for hosts so I don't have to enter the hostnames myself but can select them from an already existing table instead. With my webinterface you can fully manage the profiles and add/edit/delete packages. I've even introduced some new fields into the package.xml like a comment, download links for the software so I can automate it instead of having to download the installers manually and a vendor field that tells the webinterface whether the package is protected and cannot be edited by the user through the webinterface. :) ... Sadly i cannot make it available to the public for download since its completely integrated into that server's already existing webinterface and cannot function without it anymore.
Oh, and I have a XML Import and Export function. With planned sorting algorithm for package dependencies. (needed since i store everything in an sql database and only create the xml files on demand from it.)

Anyway, nice work but could you make your packages.xml available somewhere? I've spent days on writing mine by now and it always helps to have already tested scripts one can just copy. I'll make mine available once I'm done with it. :)

-
jens