[wpkg-users] wpkg web handling

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Fri Jun 1 12:21:00 CEST 2007

> Why not, insted of making a new web interface, add as a plugin WPKG to
> an existing 'inventory' application, for example GLPI:
The thing is that i already have a server that offers various other services to its users. Like email, forums, and much more. The webinterface for unattended and WPKG is just a plugin for it and integrates into the existing webinterface the server already offers.

> Also: even if the interface was coded at best, i think, as a system
> administrator, that 'recipes' (packages) cannot be build apart by hand.
Its most likely to be like this: I'll provide the packages and deploy it through an existing update system to all the servers running the software. The thing is that I want to offer the possibility to add their own packages to other administrators and especially the administrators of the so called "Medienzentrum" which is coordinating the support for all schools in the city i live in.

> So i prefere the simpler approach: the web interface simply can be used
> to add/remove package to a profile, and assign hosts to profiles.
Noone is forced to meddle with the packages since i will deploy a batch of working and tested scripts to all servers.
And adding hosts to profiles and software to profiles is really easy with my webinterface already. ;)

-
jens

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org