[wpkg-users] security issues

Jean-Jacques Moulis jj at isy.liu.se
Thu Jun 7 12:10:01 CEST 2007

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:36:18 +1000 Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au> wrote:

BM>     Marco> I'm a bit lost in this thread, but, for completeness, to
BM>     Marco> have samba use the guest access you have to:

BM> Yes. But how do you know you are talking to the genuine server, and
BM> not a fake server that somebody set up containing a copy of wpkg.js
BM> that deletes your hard disks?

A fake Wpkg server is indeed a security concern and there are surely ways
to solve this one.

Just to put problem into perspective, I suppose that if you are using Wpkg
to install software you are also using network boot to install the OS
and have a nearly unsolvable problem in your hands
(without some sort of authentication at BIOS level).

Regards!

--
Jean-Jacques   Moulis                              Tel:  (013) 281684
ISY                                                Fax:  (013) 139282
Linköping University                            E-mail: jj at isy.liu.se
581 83 Linköping

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org