[wpkg-users] firefox upgrading users profiles

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Jun 8 15:16:36 CEST 2007

éric le hénaff schrieb:
> Vincent MALIEN a écrit :
>> hello,
>>
>> I am a new user of wpkg, do you know a French translation of  the
>> Documentation pages specially the packages.xml structure?
>>
> You seem to be fluent in english, why do you need a translation ?
>
> But, we may organize the translation of some pages to other languages. i
> could volunteer for french. How could we do that tomasz?

Sure, why not - the question would be - how?

Something like that maybe:

This is the "original" page:

http://wpkg.org/index.php/Packages.xml

This would be a French translation:

http://wpkg.org/index.php/Packages.xml:French

>> I use wpkg for installing firefox and other softwares, and I 'd like to
>> update the proxy configuration of firefox on all users profiles already
>> existing on computers on my network. This means to change severals lines
>> in the file:
>> C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application
>> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\prefs.js
>> on every users profiles.
>> doses someone know how to do?
>>
> it's not a job for wpkg because it has to be done for each user.
> wpkg is for installing on a machine basis, not a user basis.
> Put something like that in your logon.bat :
> copy prefs.js %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*\prefs.js
> '*' takes the first profile so it's better that there is only ONE
> profile in the firefox profile directory.
>
> An other solution is to use the CCK extension to customize firefox. If
> you try this solution, i would like to have your opinion on it after you
> try.

One can configure a proxy globally for all users in
%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\ - there is no need to do it for each and
every user.