[wpkg-users] frequency of wpkgservice checking for new installs

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Wed Jun 13 09:41:00 CEST 2007

Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
  In chel di` si favelave...

> There is one slight problem with that: WPKG Client and wpkg.js are not
> very well integrated (it will change slowly in the future; right now,
> there are even problems with restarts initiated by wpkg.js etc.).
> This means, we would have to learn WPKG Client to read and parse files
> used by wpkg.js. Which means - parsing profiles.xml is not enough, and
> profiles can be also kept in "profiles" directory.

A note: this is a very good point about wpkg: if client are smaller,
and totally indipendent from the server, and all of the core 'code' are
server side, there's little or no possibility to break something.

So, i clearly interesting in new featue, but please don't break this
simple and robust approach.

In this topic: why not writing a recipe/package that simply add a
task (with schtasks) that run wpkg as a regular basis?

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/