[wpkg-users] silent install for latest Autodesk products

"Tobias Baumgärtner" totalbillig at gmx.de
Tue May 15 13:26:36 CEST 2007

Hello Mark,

I had a similar problem with the uninstall program from Nero

The UNNero.exe starts a copy from itselt in another directory and terminats its own process.

So the wpkg script proceeds and the check failes.

So I wrote a VBScript which only waits for a process to terminate.

--- WaitForTerminateProzess.vbs ---
---- script code start ----

Set objDictionary = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")

If WScript.Arguments.Count <> 1 Then WScript.Quit

strProcess = WScript.Arguments.Item(0)

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Do
   WScript.Sleep 1000
   Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process Where name = '" & strProcess & "'")
Loop Until  colProcesses.Count = 0

---- script code end ----

You have to call the script like this

cscript.exe WaitForTerminateProzess.vbs <setup.exe>

as command after the installation command.

In my case it works really fine.

Greetings,
Tobias

-------- Original-Nachricht --------