[wpkg-users] WPKG cannot reach Samba at boot-up (was Re: Where is WPKG client config stored?)

Dave Ewart davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 23 10:00:43 CEST 2007

On Tuesday, 22.05.2007 at 22:07 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> >Working on this basis, though, I was wondering if there was any way
> >to make WPKG launch later in the boot process.  I even tried hacking
> >the registry to make "WPKG Service" dependent on some other services
> >such as TCP/IP and NetBIOS, to see if that made a difference, but no
> >luck.
> >
> >I am assuming that the problem I'm seeing is essentially a race
> >condition at boot-up and WPKG sometimes loses :-(
>
> Hi,
>
> I could add it to the TODO list (delay startup of WPKG service) - but:
> how should we handle the so called "delayed logon" in that case (user
> not allowed to logon when WPKG client operate, for 10 or 15 minutes or
> so)?
>
> Somehow I feel, these two exclude each other?

Yes, I don't see an obvious way to handle that.

I was about to try putting 'sleep 10' (or similar) in the "Execute
before" script for WPKG, but looking at the code, it seems that WPKG
attempts to connect to the Samba share *before* running the "Execute
before" directive.  Is that correct?

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart
davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Computing Manager, Cancer Epidemiology Unit
Cancer Research UK / Oxford University
PGP: CC70 1883 BD92 E665 B840 118B 6E94 2CFD 694D E370
Get key from http://www.ceu.ox.ac.uk/~davee/davee-ceu-ox-ac-uk.asc
N 51.7518, W 1.2016

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org