[wpkg-users] Documentation and 10.12test3

Gerd Ott gerdott at taz.de
Tue Nov 6 18:33:12 CET 2007

Hi
As a new wpkg-fan without good javascript-knowledge I would appreciate a
even better documentation of features, dependencies, variables and
switches of wpkg.
examples:
- the hierarchy of rules and sequence of checks for
installing/upgrading/removing packages, explanation of function of
wpk.xml <-> packages.xml
- "settings": Settings refer to the wpkg-client-settings, but is are
meant to be the content of local wpkg.xml file, when  looking at the
output of  /debug.
Because the "revision" switch didn't work with wpkg 0.9.10, I tested
0.9.12test3, where it seems to work fine.
I also tried to use the logging-feature, but could not get it running.
neither by editing the config.xml nor the wpkg.js
(But http://wpkg.org/Viewing_software_installed_on_workstations works fine)
- How does "config.xml " work? Do I have to tell wpkg to use it (not
using the web-interface)?
p.s. has http://wpkg.org/FAQ moved?
Thanx in advance,
Gerd