[wpkg-users] Some more clues on wpkg startup troubles?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Nov 8 14:03:09 CET 2007

Marco Gaiarin schrieb:
> I've recently reinstalled an old Debian GNU/Linux server as a spare
> machine, duel boot within Windows XP and ubuntu.
> This box (a hand-made server) has an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe mobo, with an
> 3c940 nic.
>
> I've noted that wpkg does not start on boot, but works flawlessy if
> restarted by hand.
>
> Digging on event viewer i've found (app):
>
> 	Tipo evento:	Errore
> 	Origine evento:	WpkgService
> 	Categoria evento:	Nessuno
> 	ID evento:	1
> 	Data:		08/11/2007
> 	Ora:		11.21.10
> 	Utente:		N/D
> 	Computer:	NEOBE
> 	Descrizione:
> 	Impossibile raggiungere la destinazione del percorso di rete. Per
> 	informazioni sulla risoluzione dei problemi di rete, consultare la
> 	Guida di Windows.

One solution is the still-nonexistent "laptop mode". Second, could be
perhaps the dependency on TCPIP services you describe?

> [damn microsoft! why they translate error messages!!!]

Yeah, I love it too.
Funny is, they even translated command line flags for some programs.

Maybe we should follow that trend, too?

Instead of "cscript wpkg.js /synchronize /debug", Italian users could
use familiar:

cscript wpkg.js /sincronizzare /mettere-a-punto

Isn't it a great idea? :)

> PS: a solution could be to make WPKGClient service be dependable on
> 'TCPIP' services (as NLA)?

Could you check if it works / solves the problem?