[wpkg-users] WPKG 1.0-rc1 released

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Nov 26 17:52:28 CET 2007

Adam Williams schrieb:
> thanks.  in config.xml if I set:
>
>    <param name='forceInstall' value='true' />
>
> does that mean the package will be installed every time the client
> connects to WPKG even if execute="once" is in packages.xml?  I didn't
> see anything in the README about that, and the /forceinstall flag at
> http://wpkg.org/WPKG_flags isn't exactly clear on that to me either.

Here's some more clarification I added:

/forceinstall - Forces installation over existing packages. The
"install" command will be run, even if "check" conditions are met. This
can be useful to "repair" packages etc. Don't use it, unless you really
know what you're doing - it will start all your install commands for all
packages. A better way is to increase a package revision for a single
package (the one you know is broken), and make an "upgrade" of that
single package.

Is it better / more understandable now?

Easy Software Deployment >> http://wpkg.org