[wpkg-users] How can I install OpenSSH on windows and configure using WPKG.

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Oct 2 12:57:27 CEST 2007

Mandi! Magnus Mølbach
  In chel di` si favelave...

> since this is going to run on laptops I made a small hack to verify that
> the laptops connect to the right server.

A bit aside but... i return to my proposal to add to WPKG.js/WPKGClient
some sort of 'server/client signature'.

Eg, on first install WPKGClient 'record' some sort of 'server
signature', then on subsequent call to wpkg.js this ask:

  'hi dear client, i'm server XYZ, give me your server signature
   please'

A simple, very simple implementation are setting up in WPKGClient an
environment variable, and use insted of wpkg.js a wrapper like those
attached.

Another even simplier implementation would be to make WPKGClient check
for exit codes of pre- and post- script, and exit if not zero, so we
can check variable in a shell script.

Another, client-only, and that will solve also delay, is to check MAC
addesses, but we need some fallback if, eg, server changes.

Ok, we can use for this in WPKGClient an access (user and pass) but
this access have to be managed, considering that are a bit crucial and
the password are saved on all client.
If i need to change this password, how can i be sure that the changes
goes well on all clients?

I don't need a security measure, only safety one: prevent to execute
wpkg when not needed or against another wpkg installation only because
the servers have the same names. ;)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/