[wpkg-users] question about checks

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Oct 19 16:35:02 CEST 2007

W. Chris Shank schrieb:
> Ok, so I guess I'm having a conceptual problem with the check process.
> The check that I currently have does the following (i think):
>
> if uninstall 'spybot' exists then
>  install
> else
>  it's already installed - do nothing
> end
>
> am i off the mark on what I think the check does?

Sort of (did you mean "if uninstall 'spybot' does *not* exist"?).

In whole, the process looks like below:

1. search for our host in hosts.xml (or in hosts directory)
2. search which profile we have to use
3. search which packages we need to have installed
4. check if the packages which we need to have installed are in
C:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml already
a) packages are there - fine, do nothing
b) packages are not in C:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml - for "spybot", it
would be:

if uninstall 'spybot' exists (check in Software add/remove) then
  it's already installed - add to C:\windows\system32\wpkg.xml
else
  install
end